Me et my mirror


Hello lovelies!
It’s been what? Almost two months? Wow. I know you missed me. But I’m back, I’m better, I’m Gucci, whatever! 

Could you grab a mirror? Or anything? Just look at your reflection. What do you see? What was the first thing you noticed? 


  

Everyone who knows me knows that the mirror is one of my favorite things in the world. From my parents down to my friends, they all know. I always want to see my reflection on the slightest reflective surface. I remember once I was writing an exam and I happened to finish quite early. Guys, this girl picked up her calculator and used it as a mirror. Yes dear, a calculator. Looking back, that’s probably my funniest mirror story. Because, who does that?
But then, asides all my extreme mirror shenanigans, there’s really something I’ve come to realize over the years. I started out just looking into the mirror to admire myself when I felt good. Then I got to the point where I always had a flaw I wanted to point out. That was really unhealthy because I started to lose all the confidence and self esteem my mum had drilled into me growing up. Everyday I had one thing to complain about. If it wasn’t my eyes, it was as minimal as my toes that anyone barely saw. But one day, I gave myself a pep talk while looking into the mirror. I decided that everyone had flaws and no be my own worse pass. It was a gradual process but that was the first step and I’m happy I took it. I embraced those flaws and now I even make jokes about them sometimes. 
At this point, the mirror serves as everything to me. When I’m feeling too fine and I just want to gas myself up, I go to the mirror. When I’m feeling down about something or even crying, the mirror again. I look at myself and either say words of encouragement or I just laugh at how I look crying. When I feel I don’t like something about myself or my body, I look in the mirror. Can I change it? If I can then I will. If I can’t, then I start learning how to embrace it. When I have something on my mind, I tell myself first. Venting in front of my mirror has helped me in reducing stress and also controlling my emotions. When I have an interesting experience or encounter, I look at myself and give myself the full gist, by myself, for myself. Apparently my mum saw me doing this one day. She didn’t say anything but I’m pretty sure she thinks I’ve lost it😂. But that is why I do this in an enclosed space, preferably the comfort of my room. I use the mirror to check myself, to check my progress. Like Bolu said in his last blog post, self-honesty is one of the most important traits one can have. My mirror is the best place for me to tell myself the whole truth because it is literally laid bare in front of me. I check myself and then proceed to fix anything that needs to be fixed. 
I’ve been doing this for quite a long while and I am sincerely happy for my progress. I’m not exactly where I want to be but I definitely have taken a huge jump passed where I was before. 
There are just some things that I can’t be mocked or put down with. Because I already did that and I’m passed that. My mirror is my therapist. I cry in front of it, I laugh, I vent and I get back on my feet. 
I need you guys to try it if you don’t already. It really does help. Talk to yourself before someone does. Trust me, you’ll see real progress. 

How often do you look in the mirror?
To what extent can you relate to this?
Are you willing to try this out?

I’ll be awaiting your responses. 
Thank you for stopping by,
Nazam💜

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts